Our vision is to provide a world-class, values-based curriculum that inspires and engages our children.
“Where magical experiences create endless opportunities”
We strongly believe that our curriculum should motivate our pupils to become engaged and independent learners who take huge pride in their achievements, their school and, most importantly, themselves!
- Active participation in real-life experiences gives the children the opportunity to use their newly acquired skills with real purpose and intent.
Is SKILLS BASED
- Children are challenged to excel in the core subjects of English, maths and science.
- High expectations are set when the key skills of English & maths are applied across the curriculum.
Is BROAD & BALANCED
- All subjects are valued for the opportunities & challenges they can provide.
- Children are given a range of experiences that allow for both academic & personal development.
- Children are challenged to think critically & solve problems.
- Children are encouraged to ask questions & reflect in order to identify the next steps in their own learning.
- Children are helped to understand their rights & responsibilities within the school, local, national & international communities.
- Children are actively engaged in developing a strong ethos of respect & empathy within the school community.
- Children are encouraged to aspire to achieve, whatever their talent, within our inclusive environment.
Our curriculum has been organised into topics which have been carefully planned to ensure the skills, concepts & knowledge link together to produce a purposeful outcome. Some of these themes fit nicely into a term while others will last for longer due to the way that curriculum objectives for that topic fit together.
Within & across topics, the aim is for children to experience a wide range of learning opportunities that allow them to:
- Learn about & from experts in their field – artists, scientists, writers and designers.
- Learn about the world, world events, where we live and places that interest us.
- Engage with visitors to school who engage, enthuse and inspire.
- Make links between new learning and what has been learnt before.
- Ask their own questions and find answers about what interests & inspires them.
Our school values have been created together and underpin our curriculum.
At Madginford Primary School, we are...
We are all determined to succeed and we aim high!
We treat everyone with respect demonstrating thoughtfulness and consideration.
We are polite and courteous.
We take care of our environment and look after each other.
We ask questions, make discoveries and are curious about the world around us.
We try out new things and challenge ourselves. We try again and again.
We work collaboratively with each other achieving together.
We are confident to discuss our ideas and try new things for ourselves.