Our vision is to provide a world-class, values-based curriculum that inspires and engages our children.
“Where magical experiences create endless opportunities”
We strongly believe that our curriculum should motivate our pupils to become engaged and independent learners who take huge pride in their achievements, their school and, most importantly, themselves!
- Active participation in real-life experiences gives the children the opportunity to use their newly acquired skills with real purpose and intent.
...is skills based
- Children are challenged to excel in the core subjects of English, Maths and Science.
- High expectations are set when the key skills of English & Maths are applied across the curriculum.
...is broad and balanced
- All subjects are valued for the opportunities and challenges they can provide.
- Children are given a range of experiences that allow for both academic and personal development.
- Children are challenged to think critically and solve problems.
- Children are encouraged to ask questions and reflect in order to identify the next steps in their own learning.
- Children are helped to understand their rights and responsibilities within the school, local, national and international communities.
- Children are actively engaged in developing a strong ethos of respect and empathy within the school community.
- Children are encouraged to aspire to achieve, whatever their talent, within our inclusive environment.
Our curriculum has been organised into topics which have been carefully planned to ensure the skills, concepts and knowledge link together to produce a purposeful outcome. Some of these themes fit nicely into a term while others will last for longer due to the way that curriculum objectives for that topic fit together.
Within and across topics, the aim is for children to experience a wide range of learning opportunities that allow them to:
- Learn about, and from, experts in their field – artists, scientists, writers and designers.
- Learn about the world, world events, where we live and places that interest us.
- Engage with visitors to school who engage, enthuse and inspire.
- Make links between new learning and what has been learnt before.
- Ask their own questions and find answers about what interests and inspires them.
Our school values have been created together and underpin our curriculum:
Respect – We always listen to others and are kind.
Working Together – We share our ideas and achieve amazing things through teamwork.
Challenge – Our confidence grows as we are never afraid to try new things.
Perseverance – If we don't succeed, we try again and never give up.
Curiosity – We are always exploring, asking questions and finding out.
Independence – We can get things done without always relying on others.
Equality – We treat everyone fairly and no one gets left behind.
National Curriculum Objectives
Here are the key national curriculum objectives for each year group. In some subjects, there are many curriculum objectives so we have combined similar objectives into one main objective for ease of coverage. Teachers will often reference these smaller objectives to ensure all aspects of the curriculum are addressed at a level appropriate to the children's understanding.